The Strength of Materials Lab is based on the NI Distributed I/O platform and the NI LabVIEW graphical programming software. The Lab consists of a set of elements required to built particular devices for specific laboratories and NI Measurement devices required to acquire sensor readings and transfer them to a computer. The computer processes the helps visualize the data in time domain. Data acquisition and processing is done with the help of NI LabVIEW.
- Ability to perform 10 experiments on Vibration Monitoring and Diagnostics of Rotary Systems
- Menu-driven navigation through the experiments
- Immediate access to course manual
- Visual representation of experimental results
- Ability to save experimental results in MS EXCEL format
List of Experiments
- Determination of the Modules of Elongation and Poisson Ratio
- Determination of Stress Under Eccentric Tension of a Bar
- Determination of Stress in a Highly Curved Bar
- Study of Stress Distribution in a Concentration Area and in a Distant Zone
- Determination of the Modules of Shearing of a Bar under Torsion
- Study of Strain-stress Distribution in a Bar under Torsion
- Study of Planar Stressed State of a Bar by Electric Strain-gauge
- Determination of Critical Load for a Compressed Bar by the Southwell Method
- Stress-strain Analysis in a Plane Frame, Practical Test of Reciprocity Theorem
- Determination of Shear in a Bending Beam and Bearing Reaction in a Statically Indeterminate Beam.
- Determination of Stress and Shear in a Beam under Oblique Bending.
- Practical Testing of Hooke’s Law and the Law of Linear Distribution of Direct Stress in Beam Cross-section during Bending.
- Study of Strain-stress Distribution in a Cantilever Bar
- SHEAR CENTER
- Determination of the position of Shear Center and Practical Testing of the Law of Distribution of Direct Sectorial Stress under Constraint Torsion.
- Study of Strain-stress Distribution in a Disk made of Different Materials (Steel, Alloys)
- Study of Zero-torque and Torque Strain-stress Distribution in a Cylindrical Shell